Membership Administrator – part time role
The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences is a professional body with charitable status based in the centre of Harrogate. Our small and dedicated administrative team, who look after the needs of our 3000 members across a variety of functions, have developed a strong and supportive working environment.
We are looking for a pro-active individual to bring proven administrative skills to work with our team to ensure the smooth running of the business and to primarily support the membership function.
The role will be part time 25 hours per week, nominally 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required due to seasonal variation in workload.
Good remuneration package.
Role and Responsibilities:
Membership Applications process
- processing membership applications including requesting references for applicants, managing payments for membership and corresponding with applicants throughout the process
- managing and maintaining the membership database throughout the application process
- supplying figures and necessary information to the CEO and Membership committee for reports
- attending Membership committee meetings and taking notes/minutes
Marketing and Promotion
- target and contact appropriate organisations and individuals to promote membership and to attract applications for membership
- assist with the production of marketing and publicity material to attract interest in membership
- work with CEO to extend packages of member benefits
- assist with the maintenance of the membership pages of the website
- assistance with Society events, for example, recruitment drives or Society conferences, during which you may occasionally be required to travel and stay overnight at other locations
Essential skills required for the role:
- Proficient in MS applications including Windows and Excel
- Knowledge and experience of working with database systems
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Can work well as a team and with others, with an engaging personality
- Willingness and ability to work with a small, multitasking team and to take on other responsibilities as required
Please respond enclosing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org