Work with experienced crime scene officers and anatomical pathology technicians on this two day course to develop skills and learning approaches within mortuary science. You will develop a sound understanding of the science involved within a mortuary from a medico legal and a forensic perspective.
14-15 April 2018 CANCELLED
6-7 Oct 2018 FULL
Location: Tameside Hospital. Click here for a map
We have two easy ways to pay for this course.
A one off fee of £199 includes all the equipment you need and two full days of hands on workshops. Payable through our secure partner GoCardless.
Our Terms and Conditions are at the bottom of this page. Please read them as a booking signifies that you accept them.
Or if you would like to pay for this course in three equal instalments of £71 (admin fee is included) please click the button below and create a payment schedule which will be taken over three simple payments. All payments are made through our partner GoCardless and are safe with full encryption and the Direct Debit Guarantee. Not currently available for this course
Only 20 places available for each course and you must be paid in FULL before the date of the course to attend.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify the legal documentation required in a mortuary
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of staff involved in the post-mortem and investigative process
- Conduct the daily requirements to successfully maintain a mortuary department and the associated procedures
- Explain the importance of health and safety considerations relating to potential infection and disease
- Identify the difference between hospital, coronal and medico-legal (Forensic) post-mortem examinations and the varying techniques used
- Differentiate between different types of Body indicators and the associated pathology found at postmortem
- Explain what the Human Tissue Authority is and the statutory laws that apply from its introduction
- Explain the process applied to conduct a full postmortem examination, detailing the evisceration, dissection and reconstruction process
- Identify the role of the funeral director in the embalming process
You MUST be 18 or over to attend this course.
Before doing this course I applied EVERYWHERE for a mortuary assistant position / trainee APT position too.. But was getting nowhere!. Ever since I did the course, I have used the knowledge I learnt and put it into my own words in my applications. Also since I completed the mortuary science course I have had two fantastic interviews, I knew what I was talking about and I felt confident in the knowledge from what Gary and Gareth taught me. Only to find out I actually got the job! I will honestly say, doing the course has raised my success on being asked to attend an interview, then the rest is up to you! I am now waiting to start my dream job as a mortuary assistant at a hospital!. And I know that I have made some life long friends along the way, and will be there on the other end of the phone if I need any help. Thank you both so much. RegardsKelly
Point to note Kelly is now one of our success stories and is employed as a Trainee Embalmer with Co-op Funeral Services Ltd following a placement she organised in a mortuary in Cheshire. Congratulations Kelly!
Terms and Conditions:
By booking this course you hereby abide by and accept these terms and conditions.
We will do all in our power to ensure your course takes place with the correct equipment, knowledge and delivery staff. Should we be at fault for the course not taking place we will offer you a place on the next course or a full refund. We will not be liable for any accommodation or travel you may have booked with other parties.
All bookings include a non refundable deposit of £35.
Should you cancel your place on the course with less than 7 days notice there will be no refund as we will not have time to fill that place.
Should you cancel your place on the course between 7 and 14 days before the course you will be refunded half the cost unless we can fill the place then you will have your full payment returned less the deposit.
Any cancelation prior to 14 days before the course will receive a full refund less the deposit.
While attending the course you are representing Complete Forensics C.I.C. with our local NHS Trust. We value our relationship with them very much and hope you can see that by working together we can only improve. If you see something that is amiss please tell us.