This two day course is designed to provide essential skills to those who may be by virtue of their employment require forensic awareness with a First Aid qualification.
With the security of our country at an all time high everyone needs to be aware of the need to capture evidence while also saving lives.
This two day course is designed for everyone who potentially comes into contact with forensic material while responding to incidents and events.
It teaches the importance of the forensic evidence chain, the avoidance of contamination and how to gather and record forensic evidence safely and effectively. It is both classroom and outdoor practical based course delivered over two days. Assessment will be by written and practical examinations.
- Introduction to forensic science.
- Forensic evidence. What is “Evidence”
- The importance of transparent forensic science in the UK criminal justice system
- Contamination and the prevention of cross contamination
- PM – Practical exercise packaging, searching and recording of scenes
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
Suitable for all those who might have need to be forensically aware while conducting their duties including first responders, PCSO’s, reception and front of house staff, festival and event security and many more.
The First Aid qualification is equivalent to the Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification and if required certification can be provided in conjunction with our preferred supplier.
Contact us here with your requirements