Have you ever wondered what life is like for those who conduct investigations into death?
Well now is your chance.
Introducing CPD programs that you want to attend through pure fascination.
Work with experienced crime scene officers and anatomical pathology technicians to develop skills and learning approaches within mortuary science. You will develop a sound understanding of the science involved within a mortuary from a medico legal and a forensic perspective.
Our new CPD accredited two day Mortuary Science course is now available.
Our first course will be delivered on 23rd & 24th June, at Westholme Mossley Freemasons Hall Ltd, Stockport Road, Mossley, Ashton-under-Lyne OL5 0RS
Our second dates for 2015 are the 27 & 28th June 2015 at the Pathology Department Conference Suite, St Thomas’s Hospital, London
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify the legal documentation required in a mortuary
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of staff involved in the post-mortem and investigative process
- Conduct the daily requirements to successfully maintain a mortuary department and the associated procedures
- Explain the importance of health and safety considerations relating to potential infection and disease
- Identify the difference between hospital, coronal and medico-legal (Forensic) post-mortem examinations and the varying techniques used
- Differentiate between different types of ‘Body indicator’s’ and the associated pathology found at post-mortem
- Explain what the Human Tissue Authority is and the statutory laws that apply from its introduction
- Explain the process applied to conduct a full post-mortem examination, detailing the evisceration, dissection and reconstruction process’s
- Identify the role of the funeral director in the embalming process
To book your place in Manchester (Next Week!!!) Or London click HERE